Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Self Portrait

Doing some private functions lately thanks to NAB and The Caprice School of Ballet. Well, I can't publish them here, I am afraid. However, I was asked to supply a photo of myself. Yep, that I can publish! But first, I must take a picture of myself and that's an interesting challenge for someone who prefers to hide behind the camera.. :P

Yes, my profile picture is not really me... I don't have big bug eyes, like those Jap manga characters do, but small little Chinese eyes. Doh! :o Anyway...

The set up is extremely simple and cheap. Just a desk lamp with a standard 60W incandescent light bulb from KMart as the key light. Check out the reflection in the sunnies, I wish it was a brolly or softbox. No reflector, no hair light, no backdrop, no fill light. The camera is mounted on a tripod. I don't have a remote shutter cable so timer was used instead. Look very closely, and you would see the sweat running down my face, as a result of the sprints.. -_-; Just kidding.

You can be excused thinking I am a Nikon fanboy because it is a Nikon FA with a Nikkor 50mm f/1.4. XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment