Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My new monopod

Here is my newest toy! A Manfrotto 681B Monopod complete with 234RC head (with quick release plate) and 677SC spiked cup feet. Taken a few test shots with it and already loving it because I already can take about 2 stops faster than before. VR is still required or can be beneficial according to Nikon tech support. It will take some practice to learn to use it properly. http://www.outdooreyes.com/photo5.php3 has some good info about using monopod. Please let me know if you know of another good source. Thank you very much in advance.

I haven't decided if I would wrap the metal surface (top section of course) with (black) heat shrink yet. Yep, you read this correctly. I love heat shrink, it gives good protection for the monopod and it doesn't feel as cold also, esp on those really cold days.

No comments:

Post a Comment