Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Earth Hour 2008

Here I post two pictures, one taken at Earth Hour on 28th of March and another on the 2nd of April when Melbourne experienced really bad storm and my house lost power until late.

Interesting thing about the first picture is that it was taken at iso1600 handheld. Nikon D70 or older Nikon dSLRs are known to have plenty of noise at high ISO, at least compared with newer Canons. However I am quite pleasantly surprised by the little noise in this picture. Perhaps I am just not really demanding or I am more captured by the mood of the picture. With the second picture, iso200 was used along with my monopod. It was taken at 1/3 second. Thank God that it was still sharp. Manual white balance was used for both pictures because automatic WB rendered the pictures too red.

No comments:

Post a Comment